This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"¡Me mordió un perro!"


This week I learned a new phrase - "¡Me mordió un perro!" (A dog bit me!) That was interesting I´ll tell you about it in the long email :) just wanted you to see the pictures.  It was a big dog...ha my g´s protected me in the front it wasn´t really bleeding but the one in back was.

Me mordio un perro!
So this week was pretty good. I´ll start off with what happened last Tuesday! I got bit by a dog! What the heck. Well first it bit Hna. Alvarado and then it bit me...TWICE once in the front of my leg and once in back. It´s owners are some gringos so it had its rabies shot but I have an interesting missionary story now! haha We were in San Pedro El Alto contacting outside this house and the owner of the dog was leaving so he opened the gate and the dog ran out and bit us! It was a bunch of crap. But everything is fine I´m not going to die. It was a big angry dog though and now Hna. Alvarado is afraid of like every dog. It´s sad. Also I had a cold last week which was not fun but that´s not really important haha.

Anyway we taught J and G who are the daughters of an investigator named I. They are really awesome and really smart. Last night we passed by just to see how they were and we asked J if she had read and prayed to see if Joseph Smith was a prophet and she said yes and that she felt really good and that it was indescribable! That was awesome. She wants to come to church this Sunday too! 

We also went to Santa Maria this week and we took two of our members to teach Hna S and a new investigator named MS is still awesome. She said she believes that everything we´ve taught her is true and everything the only problem with her is getting her to come to church since she lives so far away! But we´re going to try again this week. She already has permission from her parents to go so that´s really good. We also met M  and her kids. They are awesome. Her sister is a member in El Tejar and they´ve attended a ton there and they love it. She said she wants to learn more about the church and everything because they really like it. She has a daughter named N  who is 16 and she has done a lot of activities with the young women in El Tejar. They attended in Tejar last week because it was N ´s birthday so they went down there for that.
We also taught J  and her inactive daughter C . We gave her a giant triplet last week and she´s already in like 2 Nephi 15. She was so happy to have it! She reads like 5 pages a day. Her daughter  is inactive and J was just like you need to go to church and be better.  It´s crazy that she hasn´t even been baptized yet and she has a stronger testimony than her daughter. 
We taught JD (last weeks baptism) about the priesthood and he´s excited to get that. He´s really coming along great. We are so proud of him and the changes he´s made. He´s excited to prepare for a mission too! We taught L  again but she doesn´t seem too interested anymore. She keeps saying she knows she needs to be baptized but she won´t say yes to a set date.

Yesterday for PDay we went as a zone to this place called Las Colinas and it´s owned by the church. It´s awesome just a bunch of fields and basketball courts! We played soccer which was really fun and volleyball which was less fun because everybody sucked haha including me. We had barbeque for lunch which was delicious. Oh and we also were throwing around a football and I accidentally pegged a kid in his privates. Everyone was like "¡él nunca va a tener noches de hogar!" haha how sad. He´s ok though I think.

I am expecting to have changes but we won’t officially know until the Monday before changes in a couple weeks. No I´m not breaking any rules mom haha there are just things we need to be better at that´s it :) I guess my kids took a day off of being my guardian angels because I got bit haha

Thank you for the pictures of Star Valley! How are you guys doing right now? Anything fun going on in Cedar....ITS PRACTICALLY AUGUST! 

I love you momma have a great week and tell Michael that I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment