This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Monday, July 9, 2012

July 2, email (sorry it's sooo late!)

Thanks for the package momma I loved it. Yesterday we went to the jade factory and learned about mayan symbols and which ones correspond with our birthdays. You and I are the same! haha It´s called Kan and it´s a serpent. Dad is ajmaq and mike is i´x


So this week was really good...first of all...
.
First baptism!

WE HAD A BAPTISM!!   


 "I" got baptized and it went great! He was really happy and so was I because it was my first one (hopefully first of many). He´s an awesome kid and he´s going to grow so much in the gospel.


 We also taught M and A. They are brothers and they are SUPER catholic. It took 3 lessons to really explain the apostacy so they would recognize that there is no such thing as a pope with the preisthood. They are both teachers in the Catholic church and sing in the choir and everything. But they are really receptive. When we taught them about the book of mormon we read the introduction and how it says that we invite all men everywhere to read and find out for themselves it's true, A said no where in the Bible does it say that the Catholic church is the church of Christ and like we don´t even really say it but here it says that we can find out that your church is true so I´m going to do that. AND THEN when we went back....they had read! and not only the introduction..they read the intro, testimonies of the 8 and 3 witnesses and Joseph Smith, AND 2 chapters of first Nephi! holy moly these guys are going to be great Latter-Day Saints! They said they would keep reading and they were like we won´t have as much time this week so we´re only going to read to chapter 8 probably. wow I can´t wait to baptize these guys haha. When we extended the invitation to be baptized they both said ¨claro que si!¨ (if they find out for themselves it´s true of course). 


We taught J, she is the mom of a convert and she is so ready to be baptized but she just had surgery on her foot and she can´t get it wet for a really long time I guess but she has a testimony of the church and truly believes its true!

So this week we had divisions and I went to Antigua. Divisions were really great. It was nice to have a change and it helped me apreciate my area a lot too. It was fun working with Hermana Vera and to see the differences in what she does compared to what we have been doing. They have an investigator who started to pray and then had a TERRIBLE feeling so we taught about Joseph Smith and what happened during the first vision and after she was like...So I should've kept praying! and we said yes! so she is going to pray again. 

We also taught a guy named R. He is really intelligent which kind of interfered with the spirit of things.. He was talking about psychology and astronomy when we were trying to explain prophets so that was kind of hard. Luckily we had a member with us who just got off his mission. he is bien Pilas! wow I don´t even know how to discribe this guy. He can explain any lesson easy and he has a powerful voice that would make you want to listen. I just hope that I can be a missionary like him someday. He knows so much and was just able to turn the conversation back to where it needed to be and had really good examples. They have an awesome, very helpful barrio in Antigua so that is great for them. Their mission leader helps them contact and everything it´s so cool.

Mayan ruins?
Thanks for the package...I got it while I was FASTING! hahaha but I wore the shirt on Sunday so thanks for that :) On PDay we went to a Jade Factory and the tour guide explained all about the book of mormon even though he´s not LDS haha

Well I´m getting off right now but I love you have a good week! LOVE YOU!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment