This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Area in the City!


Here I am!! In Las Margaritas in the capital...well it´s not the capital but it´s not the coast or the mountains haha I´m in a trio with Hna Garcia de El Salvador and ..Hna Garcia de Ecuador! It´s cool I really like my area.

So I still don´t know too much about the area but we´re learning fast. All I can say is that it is really different than the mountains! I really like it here and I like the change. I love my companions Hna Mandy Garcia is really outgoing and it always makes me want to be more animated about the work so that´s great. I also really like being in my first barrio (ward)! Even though I still had to lead the music in church haha. It was awesome to see a full chapel!

This week we´ve been focusing in on a few really good investigators since the goal this week is to have a baptism for every companionship and our area hasn´t seen a baptism since April!  We visited a kid named W. He´s 16 and he is preparing to be baptized this week. His family has had a lot of problems and right now he only lives with his brother who is 17. But he is really great and really positive when we go to visit him. We´re planning on him being baptized this weekend.

We are also visiting a member’s husband. He is awesome! We´re going to baptize him for sure we just don´t know when yet but he´s been coming to church and he wants to have an eternal family so he´ll be baptized. He´s really positive too and he understands a lot. We are going to have family night with them tomorrow. They have twins and they are such an awesome family.

We are also preparing S to be baptized. She is 16 and she lives and works for some members in our ward in a circus. We are also planning her baptism for this weekend we just have to teach a few things and she´ll be ready. It´s a little difficult to teach her sometimes because it seems like she doesn´t understand a ton but she wants to be baptized and she´s learning little by little. We have an appointment with her tonight.

We taught a guy named M and he has a sister that is a member of the church so that helps. His biggest problem right now is futbol and the word of wisdom. His sister that is a member is dating a boy who wants to be baptized too but he´s 17 and his family won´t give him permission so that´s the big problem there. He turns 18 the 24 of September so we´re going to plan for some time that week! 

Yesterday for PDAY we went to metro centro...which is what they call a MALL!! Ahh man it was awesome. I had to get new shoes so that was fun. Other than that we just cleaned for like 3 hours because our house was a disaster. There were tons of spiders and ants and cucarachas. Now it´s not so bad.

This week we are getting a "mini missionary" from Escuintla. It’s just a sister that is preparing for a mission so that will be weird but interesting. We´ll divide into 2 companionships since we´ll be 4 missionaries..in one house..with one shower...haha

This week we have to have a perfect week as a mission because our goal for September is 300 baptisms so we have to be obedient with exactness to achieve it. 

Sorry the email isn´t that long..that´s what happens when you go to a new area!
Oh.. and the thing to send photos on the computer doesn´t work so you´ll have to wait till next week

No comments:

Post a Comment