This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Fearsome Foursome


I forgot to tell you last week that when I had to leave everyone cried lots because they all love me so much haha. But really! The G  family cried..Even their two sons! And then in the morning they all came to say goodbye to me as I was leaving! How sweet :) The place I live is in Villa Nueva San Miguel Petapa.

 Also Hna. Alvarado called and said Mama L was going to get baptized on Saturday so I need to find out if she did or not!

My companions are, Hermana Andrea Garcia from Ecuador was here before and we came and joined her (me and Mandy Garcia from El Salvador). We have the mini missionary for the rest of the cambio. She is from Escuintla. We have our own apartment in a little residencial.

This week was pretty decent. W isn´t progressing so we had to drop him. If he can come to church on his own someday we´ll keep teaching him. We tried to teach him 3 times last week and every time he was busy. We even helped him shovel dirt and stuff for his house and he still said he couldn´t take time to listen so I said we can´t help him unless he really wants to change so when he´s ready he can let us know. On a happier note..S got baptized! It was hectic but it happened! She felt the spirit really strong and we sang in her baptism Teach me to walk in the light and she started crying so that was sweet.

As you know Friday we received Hna. Melgar. She is really great and we can tell that she really wants to learn and she has a great desire to serve the lord and do all she can to start learning here. It´s different because we´re basically 2 companionships since we have to split to teach. These last few days I have been with Hna Mandy Garcia getting to know the area. That has been really great. We have been contacting areas and trying to find new people to teach so that was good and we had some good progress with that. One of our members that just got home from his mission even came and contacted with us and taught the people that let us into their houses!

On Saturday we had the interview for S so that was good.  After that we went to an area called Israel but the people there weren´t really receptive. 


On Sunday was the baptism and M and S came to our ward! We visited him in the night and he said he is ready to get baptized! His fecha is for the 15th or 16th..It just depends on if he has to work on Saturday or no. He has progressed a ton! I am so excited for this family! They are great! Also another kid we have been trying to reactivate came to church and sat with us. His name is E. Yesterday we had a Noche de Hogar with the bishop and an investigator that went REALLY well. She is really positive.
She's on the top bunk!
Apartment study area

Yesterday for Pday we went to the dentist and to the paca to buy clothes...I´m wearing used clothes! haha aren´t you proud? My filling fell chipped so we just got that fixed.

Her kitchen
Closet
Love you momma have a good week :) oh yeah there is a curves here! crazy huh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment