This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Scorpion in her backpack!!!


Sorry I’m late, we had another zone meeting.  We have a zone training at the beginning of every month and then we have zone conference every 3 months, and district meeting every week and interviews every 3 months.

Carolyn and Hna Garcia
So this last week was decent. I almost got stung by a scorpion on Sunday so that was pretty exciting...It was in my backpack.

Anyway some pretty good happened like how A & M went to church on Sunday! That was awesome! They liked it. We had to explain a little since it was the dividing of the stake but they enjoyed it. Last week we taught them eternal marriage and that went really well too. They are an amazing family. Yesterday we had a Family Night with them and some members about prophets so that went really good too! We're planning on baptizing them this month.

We also taught the O  family again with their grandma C  who isn't a member. She flat out said to her son in law...you guys already know that I will go with you to church and get baptized if you start going again. What do we do?! Seriously this family HAS a testimony but they won’t go to church! We taught keep the Sabbath day holy and the dad was like little by little we'll be active again we just need to start. And then we said so start now! And they were like...no. How do we get them to church?

We also taught a lady named L  that is really great. She understands everything that we teach her and when we were putting another appointment she said we could go back the next day. We did but she wasn't there but her daughter and son in law were there so we taught them and they are really awesome too! 

We taught M  again (S’s husband). We taught word of wisdom. He's just being difficult. We really don't know how to get to him. I am 100% positive he knows it's true he just doesn't want to listen. We're going to teach eternal marriage to see if that helps...

We also taught a less active member who has autism. He doesn't go to church because one of the members robbed their house apparently so he doesn't want to see that family. But he came to the conference this week! That was really good. He was really excited to see Elder Amado.

On Halloween like you already know we had to be in at 6 because the people here get crazy..

AHHHHHHH!!! Hopefully someone here will be able to tell me that we have an LDS president in the US!! 

Tell everyone I say hi and tell Mary Jane congratulations! I love you momma!! I hope you have a great week! Thank you for all you do for me! P.S. did you read that there was a scorpion in my backpack?! AHHHHHHHHH

 I hope you have a great week. Stay healthy and stay safe! LOVE YOU!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment