This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26th


So this week was really pretty good. It went by really fast. We only had 2 investigators at church which was really kind of hard because we were planning on like 8. But we had a couple miracles this week so that was good. We taught “I” and he accepted the baptismal date for this Sunday.  We went and talked to his parents and they gave him permission to be baptized! So that was really good! We also taught RV. He keeps saying he wants to change and everything and we called Sunday to see if he was going to go to church and he said yes so we went all the way to San Juan de Obispo to get him and then he didn´t come with us which was disappointing!   

I saw my first Catholic street procession. I guess they think that part of Jesus´ spirit is in this goblet thingy..that was weird.

We taught a member who is an alcoholic which is actually one of our miracles..He seriously wants to change his life and he was on the verge of tears the whole time (the lesson was on repentance) and then at the end we asked him to say the prayer) kneeling and he said he couldn´t because he wasn´t worthy but then he did and he started crying and after he said he felt something indescribable. Then he came to church on Sunday with his dad and brother and after church his brother gave him a blessing :) Also another less active member who is alcoholic  too came to church and last night we taught him and his family about temples and invited them to prepare to get sealed as a family (their daughter has already been through but they haven´t). So that was awesome! We taught Hna R and it looks like her mom isn´t going to give her permission to be baptized even though she told us that she could make her own decisions... we´re going to keep trying with her though.
C didn´t come to church this week. He lives in Antigua and travels a lot so we can only teach him after church but he wants to bring his family and everything because he really likes it and feels the spirit.

We also got a reference from our branch president’s 10 year old son and he came with us to teach. It was so cool that he wanted to help us out! We also taught the lady who lives in the house that we live behind and her son. He got a priesthood blessing because of a motor scooter accident and then he felt lots better so we asked that since he has felt the power of the priesthood if we could teach them haha.

I taught Sunday School this week which went ok..besides my language disability haha. I think the most spiritual thing that happened this past week was that I dedicated our house. Hna. Alvarado had a really scary terrible feeling in the house one morning and that night we talked to the zone leader and he said to dedicate the house and so we did and it was such a good feeling afterward. Kind of like spraying satan bug spray haha.

Yesterday we had zone pday again because we were the most successful mission last change and so we got food and played games with the President and his Family. AND one of the elders brought a FOOTBALL! a real one not for soccer :) we also got dearelders yesterday too. I got some from grandma and grandpa and dad and EMILY BURT!! haha I also got the wedding announcement for Josh and Stephanie tell them sorry I wasn´t able to go haha. Last week I made calypso skillet which was great thanks for the articles about the SV temple! Last week I got duck poop on my skirt..That´s about it. haha
 My questions...
What ever has been decided about your meeting place in San Juan las Huertas?  nothing yet we´re still in Antigua for church
What did you mean by "all the people wear cortes"?  What are cortes?  Indian clothing?  yeah it´s india clothes
Will you be going out there regularly to tract? probably once a week because it takes a long time to get there
How is your hair?  Did you cut it? No I didn´t cut it..I haven´t even gotten it trimmed yet but I need to  
Do you let it go naturally wavy?  yeah..its up everyday mostly though
How is Hna Alvarado's english coming?  Really good! she prayed in english at the end of District meeting
This is how you "Contact a Bus"
Do you practice with her?  of course. I taught her to say I have a rock in my shoe and I tooted :)
How long has it been taking to get dearelder.coms?  Just at transfers? Just depends..at zone meetings, interviews and transfers. I got some this monday
So do you have any idea what will happen at the next transfer?  not yet

No comments:

Post a Comment