This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Six months...but who's counting?

6 months...and isn't she beautiful!!!

So this week was pretty good we had lots of lessons and there were a lot of really positive investigators that we were able to teach. We taught the mom of a member about family history because she had doubts about baptism for the dead because her daughter was talking about it. We took the family that is in charge of family history in our ward to help us and it went great. She is really positive and understood everything.

The family I am teaching in English is doing really good. They seem to be pretty interested. He had doubts about the Book of Mormon so as an assignment I gave them 2 Nephi 29 to read and he understood that God can talk to whoever he wants whenever he wants haha so that was good. They still haven't come to church but they promised to come someday...they won't put a week though so hopefully they can come.

We also taught “My”. He drank again so that wasn't too great. I don't know how to help him! It's hard but we're going to keep trying to help him do whatever he needs to get on the right track! 

We also taught the husband of a member which went really well. His biggest problem is Soccer. He plays on Sundays and so he doesn't want to come to church. But he knows the church is true and everything he just needs to make the right decisions. He said he had a dream that he was in a white shirt and tie with a "bible" preaching the gospel and he saw his uncle and he said that the bible he had was wrong and was making fun of him. But he knows the gospel is true. His son and wife are awesome. He'll get baptized, he just has to come to church! They promised to start praying as a family and to have family night so that was good.

Now for the best part of the week! M got baptized! It was such a special baptism. His parents aren't members but the spirit was so strong and after everything he hugged his dad and they were both crying a ton. After Hna. Garcia said we want to see his baptism soon now too and he said it's not too far off!!! woohoo! M's father in law baptized him and they're doing great! Now they just have to go get sealed in the temple! It was so amazing. He was seriously ready to be baptized so we're all really happy for that. Especially his wife :)

Answers to my questions:
1. We are not in the capital but we are in a city and yeah I'm pretty sure it's the place you saw on Google Earth.
2. Escuintla is in the coast..the investigators in San Pedro went to El Tejar so no she doesn't know them
3. The ward is Las Margaritas
4. My hair was curled in the picture but not with a curling iron I'll show you how in like....11 months haha
5.I have a mustache but it doesn't matter because when I get home I'm having a spa day..pedicure, hair cut and color, massage, wax..The works haha  (And I’m going with her!!!)
6. Yeah we have hot water.
As for Christmas I still need to think about that so I will send the list next week. (I asked for ideas for her companions)
What happened with the volcano we haven't heard anything about it?! That’s crazy.  Volcan de Fuego erupted this last week and they evacuated 33,000 people from towns around it.  She was very close to it in her last area and took pictures of it spewing hot lava when she was in San Pedro las Huertas, by Antigua.  (see May 29th blog)
 I'm glad you're not a crazy missionary mom but you better cry a little when I get home! Haha

El fin se acerca y hay poco tiempo....pero les amo muchisimo y estoy segura que son los mejores padres en todo el mundo. Que tengan una buena semana. les aprecio mucho!  (The end is near, there is little time left... but I love you a lot and I am sure that you are the best parents in the whole world.  I hope you have a great week.  I appreciate you a lot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment