This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaching, teaching...and teaching!


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

This week has been really good. It's a little hard having 3 companions and switching all the time but I like it at the same time because I am learning a lot from all of them. We split our area and one companionship goes to one area and the other a different one so we're not getting all confused about where our appointments are.

Last week we taught My a couple times and he even came to church on Sunday for sacrament! He is doing really good not drinking so that's great. Last night we had a family night with his dad and his sister (his sister is a member) which went really well. His dad Ma is progressing too. His daughter said he wants to go to church all the time and that he is reading the Book of Mormon! 

This week I did something a lot harder than I thought it would be...I taught in English! TWICE! There is a girl here that we taught one time and her husband is from Belize and doesn't speak any Spanish so when he came to listen I had to teach in English! It was so hard to do! I never realized that it would be so difficult to speak my own language ha-ha. I guess I really was called to teach in Spanish because doing it in English is hard work! But they are part of a different church. They are really receptive and said they would read the book of Mormon and pray so that's the key right there. I think if they will come to church they will feel the spirit really strong. The wife has family that are members so that’s really good.

We also taught M & S. He is doing great! His work is making it hard to teach him because he doesn't get home till really late some nights but he is ready for his baptism this weekend...and so are we! I can't wait. I can't describe how awesome this family is and how much love they have for each other. His wife is really happy and he already asked his father in law to baptize him. His mom who doesn't really want anything to do with the church said she would come to the baptism too! We’re all really excited for them!

We found a new investigator named A. He was prepared to listen to the lessons. He has a friend in Argentina on a mission right now and he told us he's been looking for a church because he wants to be closer to God. He said he would go to church but he had to go out of town. We taught him later on Sunday though and he's really receptive and said this Sunday for sure he will attend.

We taught a less active teenager named S which went really well. We even got him to give up his earrings ha-ha I'm wearing them right now...at least I have a pair of earrings now! (Guess I should send her some earrings?)

Well I love you lots and I hope you have a good week! Tell everyone I know that I say hi ha-ha especially the football team ;) hahahaha but really tell them I say they need to win some games..You can put that on facebook if you want. Direct quote...WIN SOME GAMES! Ha-ha 
but I love you momma you're the best tell Mike and Richie I love them

No comments:

Post a Comment