This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Monday, October 22, 2012

"Can't help those who don't help themselves!"


A lot of our investigators aren’t progressing like we thought they would. M was doing really good this week. We got to visit him 3 times and understand his real problem which was that he’s having a hard time forgiving himself for stupid things he did in his past. He even came to church yesterday! Then we taught him last night and he drank yesterday...AFTER 3 WEEKS OF NOT DRINKING. I was really sad. 

We also taught a kid named L. He came to church last week and after we taught him he was like yeah for sure I’ll pray I want to know if it’s true. And then we challenged him to be baptized and he flat out said no. Well that’s no good. He said even if it’s the true church he doesn't want to change everything that his family has taught him. 

We also taught JJ who basically said that he’s young and he still had a lot to experience and he knows that it´s not right and that he´s not keeping commandments but he’s "curious" and isn’t ready to change yet. He said "I’m going to get baptized..Just not yet because I still have a lot that I want to do." 

As you can see, the main theme of this email basically is that we can’t help the people who aren’t ready to be helped. If someone doesn’t want to change yet it’s their decision. It’s just really hard because in the mission you really start to care for people and they don’t understand the importance of what we are teaching.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE:
We taught A&M. They are amazing but they came up with another excuse to not come to church! So...we figured out yesterday when we were teaching them that they are nervous to go so we are going to have a tour with them this week. They are a family that we want to baptize in November!

We also found a woman and her kids who were AMAZING but they moved...to the south mission. We’re going to call them and get the address there to send to the missionaries there and they can have a pilas family to baptize.

We taught M yesterday too. Like I said last week he has a calling in young mens already. Well...he gave his first lesson in church yesterday! We are so happy to see how fast he is progressing. Hna Garcia and I commented last night that it was such a blessing that we were able to be a part of the lives of this family! He is the best convert in the world because he was seriously prepared and he´s going to be strong in the gospel forever :)
I’m doing good thank you :)  I think I’m getting bit by spiders though...yeah I got the pictures thank you!! Did they name the baby Finley? Crazy that Brooke and Madison both had babies! How great for them...tell Coach Lamb hi from me and everyone else at the coaches.
My personal photo birthday card!
LOVE YOU & HAVE A GOOD WEEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment