This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Friday, April 19, 2013

April 16th post


(Her email started off with this response from when I told her about all the mission calls in our ward).  Those kids are old enough to go on missions?! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING what am I...a grandma?

Hurry quick!! Send me the talks from L Tom Perry and Pres Monson from conference! Also I got the package..It probably arrived like on the 5th or 8th of this month....THANK YOU!! 

So we had 276 contacts this week...
The good news: Our branch president gave us a reference of the girlfriend of a member and she is really positive and we are going to marry them and baptize her! but not until the first week in may. They are great and he is working on getting the Melchizedek priesthood. 

A & JL still can't get married but we are praying really really hard for them.  
Hector's mom still hasn't given permission. We are hoping to talk to her a little better about it tonight. He is doing well though reading and praying.

BETTER NEWS: J & C are getting married and baptized this weekend! They are doing really good. We got permission from her parents since she's only 16...It just made me think about my parents and how I would never have permission to get married at 16 haha but I didn't want to get married at 16 so that's ok...but all is well now so yeah.

The elders went and talked to E yesterday too and he said that he wants to get baptized. Elder Nelson said he doesn't have any problem with any of the commandments so we are hoping to see a HUGE miracle this month with him.
Other than that a lot of our investigators have gone into hiding...we are in the process of looking for more positive people.

My companion is progressing...slowly but surely. She still has a really hard time contacting and teaching and understanding a lot of things but she will be great when she gets the hang of things...

We have a mouse in our house right now! That’s about it though. I still love the Gomera!  

 I have to tell you guys that I might not be home till the 15th so I don't know if I will be able to see Michael because president is sending all those going to school (going home early) a week later but I told him that Mike would be going on his mission so if it were possible to send me on the 7th and he said he would have to talk to the area 70 but that he would ask....

Love you all and I hope you have a great week! You are the greatest family ever!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment