This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting a "Greenie"


April 2, 2013
I'm expecting a child..I will have her tomorrow. I have no idea what she will be named or if she is Latina or gringa but I am expecting...(this means she will be a trainer to a brand new missionary, right out of the CCM.  Transfers are tomorrow.  We won’t find out anything until next Tuesday.)

Well I did something I never should have done...I prayed for patience and humility at the same time. I realized that God doesn't answer prayers by just giving you what you want...He gives trials to get what you need. Instead of patience or humility God gives us challenges to humble us.  That’s ok though we keep working hard and we do what we can and we leave the rest up to Heavenly Father. Elder Flores told us this week a quote that I really like. He said Pray like everything depended on God; Work like everything depended on you. 

The best thing that happened this week was that Abelina went to church so that was great. The only thing is that her daughter isn't really happy about it but she said she really liked church so we hope she will get an answer soon so she will recognize that it doesn't matter if her daughter doesn't want her to go because it's what God wants.

The Rama (Branch) is going through some hard times with the members and the teenagers and gossip but everything is getting worked out.

We had a REALLY powerful lesson with the Castro Family and the spirit was there SUPER strong but he has a huge pride problem and he doesn't want to ask forgiveness or forgive.

I have a question…what do we do to help our converts be converted and not just receive a testimony? It's not strong enough to just have a testimony so how do we help them be converted to the gospel? 

 I love you so much momma and I can't wait to see you in 4 short months. you and dad are the greatest! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment