This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8, 2012

So this week was good and bad like all of them haha.  On Friday we went into the capital for a meeting that only the new kids go to for the 12 Week program so that was good to see everyone. Pres. told the asistants not to bring mail that day so thats why I didn´t get any. 


Saturday we taught the Familia S  and gave them fecha fijas for baptism 19 mayo!! WOOHOO Hopefully they don't fall through. They are awesome people!   Pray for familia S, Mama Linda (she´s a long story for another day haha), and Hno. V ...his family is converted but he is not yet!! Their dad needs the preisthood!! haha  


Sunday was Fast Sunday and I bore my testimony so I´ve talked in church 3 times in 3 weeks. Also Antigua has a piano and I tried to play....yeah that went pretty bad haha I´ll learn how. 


Yesterday we went to some ruins in Techpan for our zone pday...that was fun. Kind of dumb though...I wanted a full on Mayan temple! haha But it was still fun.That´s about it. 


We get mail on Wednesday becasue we have intrevistas. The asistants said I have a mountain of mail...KEEP IT COMING! haha


Making tortillas in a members home
So here are her answers to all my questions that I sent her.  My questions are in purple and her answers are in black: 

Did you ever get to meet the elder from Etna?  Elder Crook?
NOT YET I´LL LOOK FOR HIM 
Do you need any flea collars or Insect repellent where you are?
I´m good they give us flea juice and repelant   
So where is your companion from?  
Nicuragua I told you last time!!    
Were there always missionaries in your area?  
There have been missionaries in my area for a long time 
Ian said you live in the guest house of a family from Utah.  They are from Utah and they don't have hot water in the house?  
Well she lives in Utah right now but shes Latina 
I still don't know where  you eat.  Do you cook or eat out somewhere? 
We cook all of our food, we´re one of the only companionships without a cocinera 
What is the name of your street?  
San Pedro las Altas. the first house right inside the Garita  
Did they dissolve your Branch and combine it with one in Antigua or do you just meet in the same place in Antigua but still have your San Pedro las Huertas branch?
Same branch we just go to Antigua 
 Do you meet in a church building in Antigua or just rent a space somewhere?
It´s an actual building. 
I heard that you pretty much stay in the same area for 6 months in that mission.  Is that correct, as far as you know? 
I hope not!! It´s possible though. The norm for hmnas is 4 months but since my mom is leavin and I get a new one I might be leaving after 3
Member kids  
How far are you from Guatemala City?
depends on who´s driving haha it took 1hour with the Gainors (the Canadians that live there)
How often will you go there for your meetings?
every 6 weeks for cambios..that´s it 
Do you know when you will have Zone Conferences  or Temple trips?
ZC are everyother cambio and Temple I can go onece every 6 months..only smetimes they have super pday´s where we all go as a mission to the temple 



Temple Ruins in Techpan

Missionaries on Pday in Techpan
Missionaries by Techpan


Antigua, Guatemala

No comments:

Post a Comment