This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 22nd


Her Zone won the cleanest apartment contest so they got a lunch made by the Mission Pres wife.  This picture was posted on their blog




hello family. So this last week was ok...kind of disappointing. our baptism fell through. They're still drinking coffee so that sucked but we gave them this stuff that's called morcaf and took away their coffee last night haha. We moved their date to this weekend so hopefully they'll be ready for that. The wife is but the husband doesn't think he is. 


I asked about the volcano that has been in the news up here because it was erupting in Guatemala.  The volcano didn't erupt.  This is the first I'm hearing about lava haha but yeah it ALWAYS is steaming and stuff. 


So we had a lesson with this family called the "Ps". The wife is super pilas but the husband is SUPER catholic. He looks nerdy but I think he beats her. Anyway it was only the second time we had been able to teach with her husband there and when we walked in she looked scared and was like shaking her head and stuff and so Hna. Manzanares was like we're gong to sing a hymn...cuando hay amor (love at home) haha. So we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ lesson about faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, and enduring to the end and when we got to repentance she let loose!! She was looking at her husband then and saying "when you repent in means you never do it again not just say sorry and do it over and over again". So there's something going on there. and then she said I can tell you guys have the spirit of God with you but I can't say the same thing with us. When we invited them to church the husband said no we're gonna die catholic and she said I have my own body and make my own decisions so I want to go but then she didn't show up and we asked and she was having problems with her husband. 


Yesterday I went to the dentist and got my tooth fixed. Hna.M and I have both had the cold this week :(

No comments:

Post a Comment