This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mike (her brother) Got His Mission Call!


So did you hear?
That my big brother is going on a mission and I am SOOOOO HAPPY FOR HIM!? Mike received his mission call to Seattle Washington, leaving Aug. 15th!  haha if that´s not it then no..oh I didn´t get the video it wouldn´t download.

So this week was pretty decent. We taught brothers who are really Catholic and we had to teach the apostasy twice so they would understand that the priesthood was lost from the earth. They are both super involved in their church..You know what they say; the most devoted Catholics make the best Mormons! haha we also taught the father of a family that is members. His wife and kids are recent converts but he´s not a member. He seems to want to change and be more involved with his family but he didn´t come to church again so that was not good but we´re going to keep teaching him so his family can be eternal :) We also taught a guy named F. He is an old investigator (him and his wife) but they never wanted to receive us (hna. Manzanares and I) but Hna Alvarado and I went back and have taught him a couple times. He seems pretty receptive but his wife isn´t ever there so we normally just teach on the front steps of his house. We are also teaching W and K. They are 12 and 15 and they seem receptive also. Their little sister S is the most receptive. She´s only 10 but she´s really smart and wants to come to church and she pays really good attention in the lessons. They couldn´t come to church last week though because they were watching the house and their sick grandma but their parents gave them permission if they want to come this week! We are also teaching a friend of a member. His name is I and he is a little bit slower but he seems interested in the gospel. We taught E who is a recent convert. He broke his foot at school but he came with us to church. I don´t think he realizes the importance of the covenants he made during baptism. He´s only 14 and so he has a lot more to learn but I think when he understands how awesome it is to have the priesthood and be a member of the true church he will really feel the spirit and love the teachings of the gospel. We are teaching a lady named V. She has a really hard time paying attention to the lessons so we have to figure out a way to keep her interested if you have any suggestions. We taught Rus mom and sister this week. Her sister is really receptive but her mom still wants to be catholic. BUT she said that she will respect R’s decision if she wants to be baptized so that´s HUGE! Now for the familia S.  Hno. S  isn´t reading but he´s looking up pictures of the temple on the internet at work. This morning we went to teach them and they were adorando the Virgin Mary. I don´t know what to do with them but hopefully we don´t have to drop them because I really like this family and want them to be baptized! We have a golden investigator. His name is C  and he came to church twice. He is the boss of one of our members and he LOVES learning more and coming to church so we´re hopefully going to see a baptism soon. He said he was going to start bringing his family too! We went to Santa Maria de Jesus this week for the first time since I´ve been here. All of the people live "hasta alla arriba" or "aqui no mas" haha. Most of them legitimately don´t know their addresses and the streets don´t have names. It´s tiny and everyone wears corte. I love that pueblo and I want to find someone named Laman or Lemuel there. We contacted a lot there and had a couple lessons. Sunday we only had C in church as an investigator but it was a 'missionary Sunday' we played piano/led the music, gave the talks in church, and taught Sunday school. I guess that´s what happens when people don´t show up...It was my first 'we don´t have anyone to talk so the missionaries have to do it!' haha but I think it went well. For Pday we watched 17 miracles and it was my first time seeing it! Man it is so good but I cried a ton! It made me realize that my struggles are NOTHING...make Mike watch it haha 
Also Hna. Alvarado made enchiladas and this week I´m going to make calypso skillet! haha she wanted American food.  If you want to send me some easy recipes that would be great.  Do you have any pictures of Mike opening his call since I couldn´t get the video?
I have a favor to ask...will you get in contact with these people...they are the elders that baptized/taught my branch president...one lives in Enoch! The C family is their names
Elder Graybil, Elder Elaison,  Elder Bowthorpe, Elder Stevens (enoch)  they called him chicken little and the address I´m sending in a picture is his,  Elder Cunningham 
 This is what I want in the newsletter: excerpts from my weekly letter and D&C 88:81. It´s a commandment to tell everyone about the gospel and everyone should do it because we are all children of God and if we really love our friends and family we will share with them the importance of the gospel and let them know that this is the only way to gain eternal life.
 LOVE YOU MAMA!! Have a great week thanks for being the best mom ever!
  I had to keep that last sentence in there! 
https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment