This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Working Hard in San Pedro Las Huertas


Welcome to San Pedro Las Huertas!

So this week we had some difficulties but all in all it was pretty good. We visited C P and she said she was still scared to ask permission to go to church and so we set an hour to pray every day together until Sunday so that she would be able to come. Well we ran into her husband later in the week and he told us she could go. Then when the Branch Presidents wife passed by for her she said she didn't want to come. We also taught a family who is recent converts except for the dad is not a member. We taught them with the Family Proclamation and he said he would start coming to church and having family prayers. He didn't come to church either but his wife said they are praying together now so that’s good. We taught the wife of one of the counselors in the branch presidency. The whole time she was just telling us about how her husband needs to repent for his past and a bunch of stuff like she can't see the changes he's already made in his life. We had our comite ejecutivo and everyone was really helpful with the things we need to get done. They were telling us about all their friends we could teach, the less active members, old investigators..it was great. They all had someone in mind to bring to church on Sunday too but it fell through. I think you'll be proud of my contacting techniques though...this guy rode by us on a bike and I ran up next to him and contacted him. haha I even got his direction. I think I'm going to do that again sometime. Well now for the familia “S”. I planned a really good lesson using Alma 5 (or Alma Sincho as we like to call it). It was really direct. She said she'd talk to her husband again and that she would be baptized without him if she had to. Then we called and she said that her esposo had to work so he couldn't come and she wanted him to at least be there at the baptism. I really don't know what to do with this family! We need to teach the husband more but he always has to work! Anyway on Saturday one of the members helped us all afternoon. Her name is Maria  and she's awesome. She is always willing to help us with everything. We only got 3 investigators to church but we taught two of them already and they seem really positive. We also got a less active member and her kids to church that hadn't been in a couple months. We taught her mom too and she said she wants to be baptized but she doesn't want to marry her husband. We also taught her less active sister so hopefully she starts coming back to church too. Also the Volcano is spitting up again which is pretty cool. Yesterday for pday we went to the Gainors and baked cookies and washed our G's because hand washing them doesn't clean them good enough so they smell a little funny. haha also I wrote letters. The cookies were oatmeal chocolate chip but they weren’t as good as yours momma...

So are you, hna Steed and hna Gifford in the same zone now?  If so, and you have any Reeces Peanut Butter cups (there will be some in the next box you get from Ian) share them with Hna Gifford for her birthday, which is on a pday.  Where is Hna Muhlstein serving?
We are in the same zone. Hna Gifford switched districts though but Steed is in my district. YAY FOR REESES!! thank you woohoo! The chocolate here sucks. Hna. Muhlestein is in the capital but I don't know. She just got a new companion too so I'll find out
RAIN - alot of MMs are talking about rain coats.  Did we get you a rain coat that is sufficient for what you need with the rain?  Maybe you are not in the jungle area where they are saying their sons are getting drenched so you're ok, or can you buy a poncho or something down there?  That is what one mom said her son did.  Does your backpack stay dry?
My backpack stays mostly dry but I put all of my books in a plastic bag. I wrote a real letter yesterday, my rain coat is great.
Here are the pictures that I have recently taken. I'll take some of the house to send to you..Hopefully I can send the video again too(She thought we had gotten a video of her house, but we never got it)
 How are your shoes holding up?  How about bug bites.   Do you need anything?
My shoes are fine. I’m getting lots of bites too but that's the mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment