This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013


Contacts: 272

Well this week was awkward in the Gomera. We were supposed to have 2 baptisms but there was no water or electricity in ALL of the Gomera so as you know, without water we can't have baptisms. This week they will be baptized though so no worries. We are also working really hard to find the other 5 people we have promised to take to the waters of baptism :) 

We have had a couple of really good lessons with A. She is an old investigator who attended once and really liked it but she didn't want to keep listening because it was upsetting her daughter. President Telon (the branch president in Sipacate) has been visiting her with us since he lives here and works with her. He is really great. He invited her to be baptized so that was good! We had a family night with him and his family and A. She almost didn't want to go since it was raining...really hard. 

One of the investigators we were intending to baptize this month decided that she was not going to stop working which is bad...since she works on Sundays. We are going to pray and fast for her lots. 

Also Satan just likes messing with my head...We were so excited because EVERYONE (well almost) that we visited said they would come to church on Sunday so we were planning on like 15 investigators in church. Well basically no one went and we passed for ALL OF THEM. We only had 3 this week.

Also we have giant problems with a lot of our converts but we are visiting them and so is the branch so we are seriously hoping that we can get them back to church. Sunday I got super frustrated though because we saw 2 of the converts of the other hermanas and we were like let’s go to church and then they said ok we just have to do something really quick and then we will go. And I said oh it’s ok we'll go with you. And so they decided it would be better to just come with us to church. AND THEN outside of the building they tried doing the same thing but then we got them inside the building. But they "had to go to the bathroom" and escaped. THEY WERE ALREADY AT CHURCH! gosh it made me so mad...like why did they even get baptized if they weren't going to go to church once after they got confirmed. I guess it's the same with D though. We've tried everything and he always says he will go and then never does. But I am determined to make this the perfect month and have perfect retention as well.

My companion got a little upset when I explained to her that we would be waking up every day at 5 30 though. She understands that we have giant goals to achieve so it will be worth it. We are doing everything to be exactly obedient.  At least for this month...in bed at 10 30 completely ready before studies, 30 minutes exactly or more of exercise...we are doing all we can so that we can have some great miracles :)   I'm not making her get up that early!!! ...my desire to be awesome is making US get up that early...I hate waking up and you know that so it's both of us who are suffering.

ALSO.....Esperanza has her eye surgery today!! Gosh mom and dad...can you send me some money so I can build them a house...or better yet, construction management should come down with us in December to do it :)

 I love you lots and I can't wait to hug you (and drink coke) in 2 months and a week haha but who's counting

No comments:

Post a Comment