This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Last Weeks email and Mother's day call


A week late and Mother’s Day call!
Contacts: 314

Making tortillas
This week we've had a lot of help from our branch president and a few of the members. Our converts are progressing as well. I'm still a little worried about D though because he was super positive when we visited him and said that he would go to church and that he missed going and everything but he didn't go this Sunday and then we saw him with his girlfriend. I think she has a really strong influence on him but we are going to keep trying to get him back to church! he is really great just confused.

We have also been teaching a kid named K who is really positive. The only problem is that his parents aren't very happy with him receiving the lessons. He loves church and he received his answer that it's all true but his parents are the big problem. We are going to try to go talk to them...

J & J are doing great! The branch president talked with J last week and he agreed that they need to get married quickly haha. They want to do it in June (which is better than July because that's what they wanted before...). 

We also ran into an old investigator who a member’s girlfriend and she said that she was going to stop working so she would be able to go to church on Sundays!  I talked to her boyfriend and he was like yeah we want to get married as quick as possible and she needs to get baptized! It was pretty great.

We've been teaching W. He is perfect when it comes to the word of wisdom. He doesn't even drink soda or juice...just agua pura. But he said that he did have a problem with the law of chastity but that he was going to obey the commandments! 

Other than that there have been some problems with some of the members in the branch so that has been pretty tough these last couple weeks for some of the families but everything is going to get straightened out and our branch is going to keep growing.
ALSO. E is getting eye surgery on the 28th of this month! She will be able to see again! This family is going to have SOOOOOO many blessings for being true to the gospel. They are unbelievable.

Other than that I have been doing well. I can't believe how fast time is going by. You said that if at the end of our missions we don't feel like we can take another step, we haven't worked hard enough...well I am already feeling the effects. My whole body hurts always and so does my spirit sometimes with all that the mission puts us though but I love it and I am going to work as hard as I can for these months that are left. My goal for June is to have 7 baptisms so we will complete it because I feel like it's what God wants for our area! Have a great day.

Zone P Day
Yesterday we played with water balloons for p day with our zone :) I had a contact this week that was pretty cool too. we were walking by a bunch of kids playing soccer and the ball was by me so I shot a goal and told them all that they had to go to church cause I made the goal...they didn't come but it was legit. We also had a contact whose son  was named after a famous American BB player!

I asked her about what she wished she had or what she didn’t need so I could let newly called missionaries know how best to prepare.
I'm glad that I have rain boots (thanks to Janice), they don't need irons...just lots of American food haha...but just that as soon as they're here there are places called pacas where you can buy used clothes and its normally pretty nice so they don't need to bring a ton of really anything. Just like a few pairs of REALLY GOOD SHOES haha like the ones I have now :) 

We got the information and travel itinerary for her release – Aug 8th!
I don't know if you have seen the date....but in exactly 3 months and 1 day....I WOULD LIKE YOU TO BE WAITING FOR ME IN SLC WITH AN ICE COLD COKE AND A REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG HUG :)

I just love you so much daddy :) I was reading in the scriptures in Helaman 3:20 and it was talking about how he walked in the ways of his father and that's why he was blessed...I am blessed to have righteous parents like you and momma. :)
Well it's about that time...love you so much talk to you on Sunday!! at 6! GOSH I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment