This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Discouraging week, but still determined to finish strong!

Contacts 294

So last week was probably the worst week of my whole mission (k well maybe not but it didn't exactly go as planned). We didn't achieve ANY of our goals..Ok just one...lessons with converts and less active members. Every time we wanted to meet with H  he didn't show up..I don't know, I think Satan just wanted to see me cry (which is exactly what happened) and I guess I still need to learn more patience and humility. Heavenly Father is going to be teaching me right up until the last minute.
The best thing that happened is that G went to church. He is amazing and I am sad that I won’t be here for his baptism but I know that he will be baptized so that is enough for me. He has changed a lot and I am excited for his family...especially his wife because I know that she has been waiting for this day for a LONG time.
The elders came to our area and talked to H  and Elder Finch said that he can be baptized but H  wants to talk to his family first. Hopefully we see a miracle with him this weekend! Even though it's not about numbers and it's all in God's timing...I really don't want to go home without a baptism my last transfer. 

I am excited to see everyone too but nervous to not be a missionary anymore. Sometimes when I bare my testimony in lessons I start spontaneously crying because I think "you won't be able to bare your testimony as a missionary/representative of Christ soon" so then I just start telling everyone THIS IS THE TRUE CHURCH!!

Can you believe that I will be home next week? Crazy how quick time flies but I am excited to see you and give you a big hug. And I'm not going to drink a coke until I can drink one with you even though mom said to buy one in the airport. 
mom...don't forget that I want some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies waiting for me at home :)

I love you and I can't wait to see you next week..Wow that is weird to say but I Love you so so so so much I have the best family ever :)

I asked her what she was going to do with all these Cortes.  I really doubt she will be wearing them when she gets home.  She said she was having some made into aprons.  But come to our ward on August 18th for her talk, and she may be wearing one...I may wear the one she got for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment