This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Thursday, March 29, 2012


Excerpts from a REAL hand written letters!!!
March 18, 2012
        So yesterday I beat like 20 guys at “lightning”!  I sunk 4 -3 pointers in a row and I thought you would be proud of me daddy J
        We also sang in church today “You Se Que Vive Me Senor” (I Know that my Redeemer Lives).  I told you we were awesome at it!  My companionship taught district class today too.  That was good.
        So this letter is mainly to answer all the questions from mom’s dear elder and to tell you we moved upstairs so we’re in the hall of girls and our other roommates are Latina.  We’re in 2 groups of three and not 3 groups of two because the other nortes that got here before us are leaving next week.  They’re in a different district and branch than us guinea pigs. J  They’ve been here for 6 weeks already.  They just came and lived with us when they found out we were alone downstairs. (Well not alone but we were the only girls)  I liked where we were though cause we had one shower to 6 girls instead of 4 showers to 24 girls.
        On the plane we all sat mostly together in rows but our rows were spread out on the plane.  Like I sat between two elders.  There are a lot of people that don’t know any Spanish, some that know a bit and some that know a lot.  It’s just weird teaching in Spanish because I don’t know gospel Spanish yet.  All of our classes and teachers only speak Spanish starting tomorrow.  We start contacting on Tuesday and our companion will be Latina so we can actually talk to people haha.  We only do splits on Sundays and contacting days with Latinas.  I like mine.  One is from Costa Rica and the other is from Guatemala.  The one from Costa Rica speaks a lot of English because she had it in University.  I’m giving her an English Book of Mormon I got for 50 cents or 4 quets.  The garments here are like 4.50 quetzals, so like 50 cents too.  It’s awesome!
        In LA we met up with some other missionaries.  One sister who was from Hawaii and an Elder from Oregon.  He is our District Leader.
        Today for “deportes” (sports) I’m not playing basketball because I’m obviously too good at it J.  Ha JK

From Letter to Mike
March 18, 2012
……How’s the weather there?  It’s not too hot or cold here, just right J.
       Being here is really hard but it’s also really cool.  The food is AMAZING! Mostly… We have lots of steak and eggs and beans and rice.  And they have bread with literally EVERY meal.  The milk here tastes like melted ice cream it’s so rich!  Haha mmm tasty ;)  (That from a girl who NEVER drank milk!! Can’t tell if she’s serious or not, but if it tastes like ice cream…) 
       My Spanish is ok, it’s just hard teaching in Spanish.  When you go on a mission make sure you read Preach My Gospel BEFORE!  I feel stupid for not.  I know like nothing.  I’ve made some pretty great friends fo far.  Most of the Elders and Hermanas are pretty great.  (Well the ones I came with).  There is a Tongan Elder who barely speaks English and he has to learn Spanish. 
       I love you and miss you,
Carolyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment