This is where I am!

This is where I am!
This is where I am!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First Area! San Pedro Las Huertas...got a bucket of warm water?

Volcan de Agua
San Pedro Las Huertas
Antigua! hahaha right now I'm in Antigua to write the email and we had district meeting here. Our P'Day was actually yesterday but we email on Tuesdays. Our Area is not Antigua its actually 20 minutes away in San Pedro las Huertas. I LIVE ON VOLCAN DE AUGA! (Volcano of Water)  haha basically..  


So My trainers name is Hna.Manzanares shes really awesome and helps me alot. Our house is pretty nice and the ants like it a lot haha. Also..tell all your friends that showering with buckets isn't as fun as it sounds. YOU HEARD! we shower with buckets. We have a shower but it only spits cold water so I'm not about to do that. The bottom faucet has hot water (and by hot I mean you re lucky if its lukewarm) so we use buckets.


So this week has been the hardest week of my life and I'm sure this coming week will be just as hard. Tuesday we went to the mission home which is gorgeous. its a penthouse type place..and then we went out tracting in the city for a bit. That night we stayed in a hotel and waited for Wednesday which is when changes are. I got my boots and candy THANK YOU!!!  It hasn't rained too much but I want it too so I can wear my boots! haha Everyone said my area was going to be cold but its just Guatemala cold..which means normal. So it takes a while to get from the capital to my area but we had people (members in Antigua) drive us there. We (6 of us) rode in the back of the truck so that was comfortable..haha 

Well we unpacked and went to work that night. Thursday was really hard. Honestly I wanted to call the president and tell him I'm done. It was rough to say the least and it still is hard. SOOOOOOO hard but I know its going to be worth it and I will look back on my mission as an amazing time in my life so I'm glad I'm here. We've just been teaching and contacting a ton. 

Sunday I had to bear my testimony in church because that's what new missionaries do here haha. It's a branch and we had 38 people show up..it's tiny we don't even have a real chapel. Then yesterday was MOST needed. It was supposed to be pday but we went to the capital for a training thing because with the new 12 week program we have meetings sometimes. So I got to see all of my friends. The girls cried a lot because we're all with Latinas and can't speak any English and we miss each other and as much as I'd hate for people to feel the same way I had been feeling I was glad to hear I wasn't the only one going through it. haha We were all having a really hard time with things. I definitely needed to see them. It was just refreshing. I feel a lot better today than I did last week. Afterward Pres. Brough could tell we were feeling really terrible so he had a little meeting with the Hermanas and said that the spirit told him he needed to do something about it. He gave us advise and told us that the harder we work the better it gets! So it's time to work really really REALLY hard. After my companion needed medicine so we got to go to the mission office in Pres. Brough's car! and then he took us to McDonalds. It was the second big mac I have ever had in my life but it was probably the BEST thing I have ever tasted haha. I definitely needed some good American food. 

On the way back we were all feeling tired and had headaches so I was like I don't want to contact on the bus but then I felt like we had to contact the WHOLE bus so I leaned over and asked how. Well long story short we contacted the bus..I didn't do the contacting part but I promised I would next time. 

We only get dearelders and letters and everything every 6 weeks which sucks but eso si que es. I will tell you more about teaching and stuff next week..this was just to answer all your questions and let you know how it is.  

I miss you all more than ever and I'm not lying about it being the hardest thing in my life. Thank you for not telling me after that really hard week in the CCM that it gets worse because if you would've I'd be home right now haha. I'll do my best and I LOVE you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn,

    The boys and I miss you very much. Sounds like you are having quite a time. We are so proud of you!!!

    Amanda, Matthew and Robbie Cardone

    ReplyDelete